The San Diego Legion were named the Major League Rugby Team of the Week the League announced today. The Legion notched a six-try victory against the NOLA Gold on the road, earning the bonus point and securing an MLR Playoff spot during Week 8.
From the opening kick, it was clear the Legion was going to use the positioning battle to win the match, and the 39-22 score resembled that. The Legion spent almost 70 percent of the match in the Gold’s territory.
Glendale’s Harley Davidson earned Player of the Week honors. Davidson demonstrated his elite ability to finish with three tries against the Houston SaberCats, including a cross-field kick from fly-half Maximo De Achaval for a try.
MLR also announced the First XV:
- Loosehead Prop, Chris Schade, Austin Elite
- Hooker, Dylan Fawsitt, Glendale Raptors
- Tighthead Prop, Nathan Sylvia, San Diego Legion
- Left Lock, Ben Mitchell, Austin Elite
- Right Lock, John Sullivan, NOLA Gold
- Blindside Flanker, Zach Fenoglio, Glendale Raptors
- Openside Flanker, Nakai Penny, Seattle Seawolves
- No 8., Kyle Sumsion, Houston SaberCats
- Scrum-half, Nick Boyer, San Diego Legion
- Fly-half, Maximo De Achaval, Glendale Raptors
- Blindside Wing, Ryan Matyas, San Diego Legion
- Inside Center, Shalom Suniula, Seattle Seawolves
- Outside Center, William Rasileka, Seattle Seawolves
- Openside Wing, Alex Elkins, Houston SaberCats
- Fullback, Cam Troxler, NOLA Gold
Via Major League Rugby