Scotland will take on New Zealand for the first time in five years on Sunday at a sold-out Murrayfield.
Here are a few stats and facts ahead of the anticipated clash:
1. New Zealand is the only one of the 23 nations that Scotland have faced in Test rugby without winning a single game.
2. New Zealand have dropped as low as 5th in the world this year – although they could still finish 2022 with a 69% winning percentage if they are victorious in their last 2 games on this tour.
3. This will be the ninth time the two sides have met in Scotland this century.
4. In 31 meetings between the sides, New Zealand have prevailed on 29 occasions, with two matches drawn since they first faced each other at Inverleith in Edinburgh in 1905.
5. Finn Russell has not played a minute of rugby in this Autumn Series.
6. Prop WP Nel will win his 50th cap for Scotland if called upon from the bench seven years after making his debut in 2015 against Italy.
7. Winger Mark Telea has been selected to make his first Test appearance, four months after initially being called up as COVID cover during the Steinlager series.
In their other 29 meetings, Scotland have only finished the game less than a score down on four occasions:
- 1954 Scotland 0 – 3 New Zealand
- 1972 Scotland 9 – 14 New Zealand
- 1990 New Zealand 21 – 18 Scotland
- 2017 Scotland 17 – 22 New Zealand