This is some team!
OPTA released the top players in each position based on their unique index which highlighted the highest-rated players in top-level club rugby since the beginning of 2019.
After releasing the top players for each position, OPTA asked the public to vote for who they thought should make the cut in each position and have since revealed the 1st and 2nd XVs based on those polls.
The 1st XV featured mostly Northern Hemisphere players with Rieko Ioane and Samu Kerevi the only two representatives from Super Rugby.
There was far for more representatives from Super Rugby in the second team with the likes of Ardie Savea, Sevu Reece, Damian de Allende and Jordie Barrett all making the side with Handre Pollard's form with the Bulls in 2019 combined with his Montpellier form seeing him claim the #10 jersey.
XV – Based on our unique index, we selected the highest rated players in top level club rugby since the beginning of 2019 and asked you to vote for who you thought should make the cut in each position, here are the 1st and 2nd XVs based on those polls. Results. pic.twitter.com/KwEUYhYIZv
— OptaJonny (@OptaJonny) April 29, 2020
The first XV:
- Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
- Camille Chat (Racing 92)
- Tadhg Furlong (Leinster)
- Maro Itoje (Saracens)
- Will Skelton (Saracens)
- Jake Polledri (Gloucester)
- Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints)
- CJ Stander (Europe)
- Antoine Dupont (Toulouse)
- Finn Russell (Racing 92)
- Rieko Ioane (Blues)
- Samu Kerevi (Reds)
- Semi Radradra (Bordeaux-Begles)
- Cheslin Kolbe (Toulouse)
- Charlies Piutau (Bristol Bears)
The second XV:
- Pierre Schoeman (Edinburgh
- Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Cheifs)
- Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors)
- Leone Nakawara (Glasgow Warriors)
- Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors)
- Jono Ross (Sale Sharks)
- Ardie Savea (Hurricanes)
- Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs)
- John Cooney (Ulster)
- Handre Pollard (Montpellier)
- Sevu Reece (Crusaders)
- Damian de Allende (Stormers)
- Virimi Vakatawa (Racing 92)
- Taqele Naiyaravoro (Northampton Saints)
- Jordie Barrett (Hurricanes)