The URC StatMaster Insights Pack allows fans, media and broadcasters to deep dive into the data produced by the teams and players of the BKT United Rugby Championship.
Powered by the URC’s official stat providers Oval Rugby and supported by historic information from Stuart Farmer Media Services (SFMS), the URC StatMaster applies context to the data available for each match in the upcoming round.
The URC StatMaster isn’t just about ranking the top scorers or tacklers, it pinpoints the metrics that provide real insight into the match-ups taking place and what factors can prove influential in the winning and losing.
Performance data fields for teams and players are used and combined with reports and analysis on penalties, 22 entry data and times of scoring to provide a one-page insight report on each fixture.
The goal of the URC StatMaster Insight Pack is to help demystify the game and make it easier to explain through simplified data.
DHL STORMERS v MUNSTER
- Manie Libbok was the top-points scorer in the Semi-Finals, scoring 23 of the DHL Stormers’ 43 points. He was also the only player to score two tries in the last round and has assisted more tries with kicks than any other player (five)
- Hacjivah Dayimani made just three carries at the weekend. However, he also made 24 metres in contact, two try assists, and two clean breaks
- The DHL Stormers have averaged the fewest carries per 80 minutes in the BKT URC this season, just 89.7. However, their try-scoring rate in the opposition 22 is a league-high 41%
- Gavin Coombes and Mike Haley made more carries than any other players in the Semi-Finals, 20 apiece. Coombes has made the most carries in the league this season, a total of 231
- Against Leinster, Shane Daly made more offloads than any other player in the round – five in total. Teammate Tadgh Beirne won the joint-most turnovers (three, = Josh van der Flier)
- Munster have made an average of 131 carries per 80 minutes this season – more than any other team. They have scored the second-fewest first phase tries (20)
Did You Know?
The DHL Stormers and Munster have averaged more offloads per 80 minutes than any other teams: 11.4 and 10.75 respectively.
After two meetings, the DHL Stormers are yet to beat Munster in the BKT URC. Their most recent league loss was against Munster in Round 17.
Munster’s victory over Leinster last weekend ended a five-match losing streak in the fixture. They haven’t lost in the league in four matches.