Following their 25-point win over the Rebels in Melbourne, the Queensland Reds have made no changes to their starting XV for Saturday’s top-of-the-table clash against the Brumbies at Suncorp Stadium.
After a solid outing in his return to the starting side last week, Bryce Hegarty will again wear the number-15 jersey in what will be his 100th Super Rugby game. Born and bred in Brisbane, Hegarty made his Super Rugby debut for Melbourne in 2013 and went on to play 32 games for the Rebels. He played a further 30 matches for New South Wales between 2016-2018 before returning home to Queensland in 2019 ahead of Saturday night’s 38th appearance for the Reds.
In a further positive for the side, Liam Wright will make his eagerly awaited return from an ankle injury suffered in Queensland’s pre-season trial against the Waratahs back in February this year.
Wright’s comeback via the bench is the only change to the Reds’ reserves that sees the versatile Seru Uru switch to the number-19 jersey as a replacement lock option.
The Reds will be aiming for their 10th straight win at Suncorp Stadium to keep their unbeaten Super Rugby AU home record in tact.
Queensland Reds v Brumbies – Suncorp Stadium
1. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Ryan Smith – Brothers
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers ©
11. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Jordan Petaia – Wests
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS
16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Richie Asiata – Easts
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
19. Seru Uru – Easts
20. Liam Wright – Easts
21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
22. Josh Flook – Brothers
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests