Scotland will be without the services of number 8 Matt Fagerson when they take the field for their final Six Nations clash France on Friday evening after the 22-year-old sustained an injury during training on Wednesday.
Edinburgh Rugby’s Nick Haining has been called up to replace the void created by Fagerson’s absence while Glasgow’s Ryan Wilson has also travelled to France and will take his place amongst the reserves.
“Matt suffered an ankle injury in our final training session this week before we headed to Paris,” said Scotland head coach Gregor Townsend.
"It is disappointing for Matt, who has been playing consistently well throughout the Championship.
"Nick [Haining] now has the opportunity from the start to show his abilities in what will be a great challenge for our forward pack.
"We were able to call on Ryan [Wilson] at short notice given Glasgow Warriors had already conducted two Covid tests this week, which meant he was safe to travel and join up with the squad yesterday afternoon.
"Given Ryan’s Test match experience and his form this season, we believe he will grab his opportunity on his return to the squad. And, if he comes off the bench tomorrow night, he will achieve his 50th cap, which is a significant milestone.”
- Stuart Hogg CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) 84 caps
- Darcy Graham (Edinburgh) - 18 caps
- Chris Harris (Gloucester) – 27 caps
- Sam Johnson (Glasgow Warriors) - 17 caps
- Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh) - 9 caps
- Finn Russell (Racing 92) VICE CAPTAIN – 54 caps
- Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 41 caps
- Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh) – 15 caps
- George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) – 16 caps
- Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 37 caps
- Sam Skinner (Exeter Chiefs) – 11 caps
- Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 44 caps
- Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) VICE CAPTAIN – 26 caps
- Hamish Watson (Edinburgh) – 40 caps
- Nick Haining (Edinburgh) – 7 caps
- David Cherry (Edinburgh) – 4 caps
- Oli Kebble (Glasgow Warriors) – 7 caps
- Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 30 caps
- Alex Craig (Gloucester) – 1 cap
- Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 49 caps
- Scott Steele (Harlequins) – 4 caps
- Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) – 22 caps
- Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 30 caps