Super Rugby Saturday round up

Super Rugby Saturday round up

Super Rugby Trans-Tasman wrapped up this weekends matches with three entertaining clases

The New Zealand sides continued to dominate and remain unbeaten in ten matches.

Blues 48 vs Waratahs 21

A brilliant day of rugby at Eden Park. Otere Black opened the scoring with a penalty kick, minutes later Bryce Heem went over to score his first of 3 tries. Lalakai Foketi went off injured in the 24th minute what looks to be a hand injury. Tom Robinson scored midway through the half to extend the Blues lead. Angus Bell finally got the Waratahs on the board, Jake Gordon scored immediately after Bell to give the Waratahs some confidence, as they trailed by just one point. Kurt Eklund ended the half off with a try. Blues going into the break leading 22-14. Rieko Ioane opened the scoring in the second half, before Harry Johnson-Holmes was sent to the bin for multiple infringements and the Blues were awarded a penalty try thereafter. Heem completed his hattrick to secure the victory.

Chiefs 40 vs Brumbies 17

What a game from the Chiefs as they took early control over the Brumbies. The visitors seemed to have a good fight in them only a few minutes after the Chiefs' first try but it was unfortunately futile as the Chiefs continued to pile the points on against their opponents. One couldn't help but see the Chiefs' control throughout the match. The Brumbies did start to give a good fight that the Chiefs were not able to answer for but their lack of control in the beginning stages of the match came back to bite them as the deficit they had to cut into was simply too much. The Chiefs continue their winning form into another week as the Brumbies fail to realise a win in the Super Rugby Trans Tasman. Chiefs do well and win 40-19!

Reds 28 vs Crusaders 63

Richie Mo'unga shone as the Crusaders, winners of Super Rugby Aotearoa, thrashed Australian champions the Reds in their Trans Tasman clash. Richie Mo'unga plundered a hat-trick as the Crusaders demolished the Reds 63-28 in Brisbane, with the champions of New Zealand swamping their Australian counterparts in Super Rugby Trans Tasman. In just the second round of the competition, the Canterbury giants showed off their prowess and Mo'unga served up a dazzling offering of his quality. The All Blacks fly-half was in inspired form from the off, and by the half-hour mark he had already snagged a pair of clinical tries and set up Sevu Reece to dart in for another stunning score. With Cullen Grace also sprinting through for a try, and Mo'unga clinical from the tee, the rampaging Crusaders were 28-0 ahead after just 29 minutes. Tate McDermott got the Reds on the board with their first try, but the Crusaders kept the points flowing, Reece dashing in at the right corner to increase their lead to 35-7 early in the second half, before Mo'unga got his third try after 55 minutes, dotting down near the posts to allow himself an easy conversion. A penalty try, accompanied by a yellow card for Harry Hoopert, nudged the Crusaders 49-7 ahead, but curiously the 14-man Reds then enjoyed their best spell, as Harry Wilson and Suliasi Vunivalu scored classy tries to reduce their deficit to 49-21 going into the final 15 minutes. Hopes of further damage limitation were crushed when Tamaiti Williams powered over and Codie Taylor added another try to emphasise a devastating team performance, before Brandon Paenga-Amosa barged in for a last-gasp consolation.

Latest News