We take a look at the Stats & Facts as the Lions are set to take on the Chiefs at FMG Stadium in Waikato on Friday in another thrilling Super Rugby match over the Easter weekend.
1. Halfback Brad Weber will take over the captaincy in the absence of co-captains Brodie Retallick and Sam Cane.
2. The Chiefs have played the Lions 10 times in Super Rugby history for 7 wins and 3 losses, the New Zealand outfit have won 5 of the last 6 clashes.
3. Chiefs hooker Liam Polwart will make his first appearance of the 2019 Super Rugby season starting in replace of All Blacks hooker Nathan Harris.
4. Malcolm Marx has played the most minutes (622) of any hooker in Super Rugby 2019, almost 100 more than the next hooker behind him (James Parsons, 529 minutes)
5. Lions' Warren Whiteley returns seven weeks after suffering a pectoralis major muscle tear in the match against the Stormers in Cape Town.
6. Colin Cooper’s side began the season with four consecutive losses and a draw. Since then, they’ve won three on the bounce – including last week’s derby against the Blues.
7. The Chiefs have played the Lions 10 times in history for seven wins and three losses. The New Zealand outfit have won five of the last six clashes.
8. This will be the 4th consecutive time that the Chiefs have hosted the Lions in this Super Rugby fixture.
9. The Chiefs haven't paid a visit to the Lions in Johannesburg since round 10 in 2011 (Chiefs won 34-30).
10. In their most recent fixture, the Chiefs lost two scrums on their own feed for the first time since Round 3, 2017.